The TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 memory did exactly what it was supposed to which makes it a good product. The overclocking potential wasn't the best and it wasn't just our modules which we received for review - several reviews around the WWW have shown very little overclocking headroom over default.
There is no reason you should look past the TwinMOS Twister series of RAM. If you're looking for a reliable DDR-500 module which is capable of doing that speed with a CAS latency of 2.5, you shouldn't be disappointed. If you're looking for a DDR-500 module that you think is going to get DDR-600 speeds or around that mark, then you're looking at the wrong place.
This memory was extremely picky when moving to CAS 3 which may hinder its maximum overclock slightly but it was able to do DDR-500 @ CAS 2.5 which isn't disappointing. As we mentioned (and you can see for yourself), there is very little room between the heatspreader and the top of the memory slot. TwinMOS should have done a little bit of modifying to the heatspreader before they installed it on this module or on the other hand, should have continued to use a standard PCB size even if the chips are smaller.
TwinMOS are launching their DDR-2 line under the Twister name and we don't think we will be disappointed when some samples make its way into our labs.
CAS2.5 @ DDR500
WLCSP makes contact to the PCB better
Did what they were supposed to do
Tight fit into the memory slot
Small overclocking headroom
Problems at CAS 3
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam