The TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 memory did exactly what it was supposed to which makes it a good product. The overclocking potential wasn't the best and it wasn't just our modules which we received for review - several reviews around the WWW have shown very little overclocking headroom over default.
There is no reason you should look past the TwinMOS Twister series of RAM. If you're looking for a reliable DDR-500 module which is capable of doing that speed with a CAS latency of 2.5, you shouldn't be disappointed. If you're looking for a DDR-500 module that you think is going to get DDR-600 speeds or around that mark, then you're looking at the wrong place.
This memory was extremely picky when moving to CAS 3 which may hinder its maximum overclock slightly but it was able to do DDR-500 @ CAS 2.5 which isn't disappointing. As we mentioned (and you can see for yourself), there is very little room between the heatspreader and the top of the memory slot. TwinMOS should have done a little bit of modifying to the heatspreader before they installed it on this module or on the other hand, should have continued to use a standard PCB size even if the chips are smaller.
TwinMOS are launching their DDR-2 line under the Twister name and we don't think we will be disappointed when some samples make its way into our labs.
CAS2.5 @ DDR500
WLCSP makes contact to the PCB better
Did what they were supposed to do
Tight fit into the memory slot
Small overclocking headroom
Problems at CAS 3
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit