Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Video card(s): Asus P4P800-E (Supplied by ASUS)
Video card(s): ATI Radeon 9600 XT reference
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 7,200 RPM SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.5
We have tested this memory slightly different from normal; we just got our hands on the Asus P4P800-E which gives us an absolute bucket load of features when it comes to overclocking the memory.
With it we are able to have the memory speed running as high as 533 DDR while the processor is still at 200MHz FSB. We have tested in four different settings:
- DDR-400 using a 1:1 ratio to keep the processor at the same speed as the memory
- DDR-500 with the processor at 200MHz still.
- We then went to maximum overclock using the same setting with the FSB at 204MHz we hit the maximum stable speed on the memory in this case DDR-508.
- Finally we dropped the multiplier on the processor and increased the FSB to 250MHz and run the memory 1:1 with it. The processor was still at 3GHz but instead of the FSB being 200MHz, it was 250MHz.
- SiSoft Sandra 2004
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
As you can see, the memory bandwidth is at its highest when running 1:1 at 250MHz. The other three settings had the memory extremely close together.
PCMark2002 is a multipurpose benchmark, suited for benchmarking all kinds of PCs, from laptops to workstations, as well as across multiple Windows operating systems. This easy-to-use benchmark makes professional strength benchmarking software available even to novice users. PCMark2002 consists of a series of tests that represent common tasks in home and office programs. PCMark2002 also covers many additional areas outside the scope of other MadOnion.com benchmarks.
PCMark showed that the memory was running at its best when running at 1:1 again. PCMark seems to be dependent on the processor because, as you can see, when the memory was running 1:1 @ 250MHz FSB, the score was still quite similar.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 - Page 2 [Specifications & Features]
- TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & Synthetics]
- TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Synthetic Gaming]
- TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Real World Gaming]
- TwinMOS Twister DDR-500 - Page 6 [Conclusion]