The front of the Lantronix SLB has a large LCD screen to the left, controlled via the five-button navigation system to its right. This allows for easy network setup and outlet power monitoring during the initial setup, and while onsite. This screen also provides on-going information, such as the power consumption of each outlet.
The eight ports in the center of the unit utilize standard RJ45 connectors (300 to 230400 bps) to provide serial device port access. These device ports allow simple connections to serial devices by utilizing adapters and Cat-5 cable. There are several connection methods, such as Telnet/SSH to command line, Telnet/SSH/RAW-TCP direct to IP address and port number, and Web Telnet/SSH. Users can leverage multiple concurrent Telnet/SSH sessions and simultaneous access over the same port. The multi-level user menus are also customizable.
The console port, USB port, and modem are on the right side of the front panel. The console port allows a dumb terminal or PC with terminal emulation software to access management functions and serial console devices locally. The SLB provides out-of-band access via the built-in v.92 56K internal dial-up modem.
The rear of the unit has two power inputs to the right. One power input is primary and the other is secondary. All power is drawn from the primary port during normal operation, but upon power loss, the SLB switches to the secondary power input. Upon restoration of power to the primary power input, the SLB automatically switches back. This automated function is crucial when connecting to redundant power sources, UPS, or backup generators.
The eight power outputs on the rear are controlled via the management utility, and provide on/off/reboot and staggered spin up control. The two 10/100 network connections on the left provide connection into the network. Two Ethernet connections provide multiple paths into the device, such as one connection to a secured network and another to an unsecured network.
The bottom of the unit is constructed of solid metal and has ventilation ports along the front edge.
The side of the Lantronix SLB also has ventilation slots to help dissipate heat. The SLB is convection cooled for silent, low-power operation.
The interior of the unit houses the robust power delivery equipment. There is a compact flash card for the operating system and an Altera Cyclone processor.
The SLB comes with both power cords, a network cable, and several adapters for connection to non-standard serial ports (listed on the specifications page).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF is back, EviLore denies harassment allegations
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard