Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
The MX100 ships in a full color retail package.
Inside the package we found a paper manual with instructions on how to download Acronis True Image HD (and the activation key), the SSD and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter shim.
The MX100 case is the same used on Crucial's M550 flagship model and doubles as a heat sink for the Marvell controller, DRAM and NAND flash.
The MX100 is a 7mm design so the drive will fit in a growing number of Ultrabook designs that are too thin for a full height 9.5mm SSD. Crucial does ship a black plastic shim that increases the drive height to the standard 9.5mm and required for some drive sleds.
To increase performance, Crucial used sixteen NAND flash packages.
Paired with the Micron 16nm flash is a Marvell controller, the same used on the flagship M550.
It's safe to say that Samsung's new V-NAND is the most advanced flash on the market now with its vertical structure, but Micron getting to 16nm lithography is also impressive.
This model also includes power loss protection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit