Our custom power testing samples each drive for a period of three minutes, across each workload. In order to offer more granularity, we sample the power in one-second intervals.
Looking at our consumer workload, we found the 5TB to average near 7.5 watts. At peak, we measured just over 9 watts during sequential read.
Our workload testing shows the Desktop HDD 5TB with a relatively linear power model throughout testing.
We measured a low of 7.17 watts during the Email Server test, followed up by a peak of 7.77 watts during Web Server testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Performance & Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance & Latency]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workloads & Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [Final Thoughts]