Up until now, VIA PT880 motherboards have been somewhat of a second class product. Designed badly or very little overclocking has seen them fall to the back of the pack. Finally someone has taken up the VIA cause and given them a fair go.
The ABIT VT7 is what we have come to expect from ABIT - quality, reliability and overclockability are all present, however, we are not accustomed to value based motherboards from ABIT. Normally we expect to see a Gigabit Ethernet or a Silicon Image SATA RAID controller and Firewire but this motherboard is plain Jane with some overclocking bite.
If you are looking for a motherboard with heaps of features, you won't find what you want in the VT7. However, if you're looking for a super overclocking motherboard on a budget with the ABIT name, the VT7 is right for you and will give you what you are looking for in your Pentium 4 system. It's VIA PT880 done right.
No additional extras like Firewire or Gigabit Ethernet
Poor power connector placement
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit