NZXT Phantom 240 Mid-Tower Chassis
From the front, the Phantom 240 may look similar to others in the Phantom Series, with the high center line, and the angled section of mesh at the bottom. However, the profile angle has been changed here, as you will see in upcoming images. We do like the mix of shiny white along with the black accents to add a bit of style.
The top section of the bezel is a door that exposes the trio of 5.25" bay covers that do not require the removal of the bezel to access properly. The door itself is held in with a locking mechanism on the left edge, and will click in to lock, and you simply click it again to release it.
At first glance, the top of the chassis looks similar to the rest of the Phantom Series as well with its high center line and mesh section to the rear of the panel. The shape of the mesh here, as well as at the front, is new. The profile of the top has also been adjusted to make this version stand out amongst the rest of the Phantom series.
We had to spin the case around a bit to the right top edge to get a view of the front I/O panel. Here there is a light at the front edge that shows both power and HDD activity, followed by a power and reset button. There are also two 3.5mm jacks for audio support, just before running into the pair of USB 3.0 ports.
As we view the left side of the chassis, we find there is the large angled window cut into the door panel that is most obvious; but look at the way the front is curved, as well as how the top has a high point that gives this Phantom an all new look.
The back of the chassis starts with the rear I/O, and the exhaust fan location, followed by seven expansion slots, with water cooling grommets for tubing and mesh ventilation next to them. That leaves the PSU to go in the bottom.
The right side of the chassis is pretty simple, with a vast expanse of steel covering this side. These doors slide on and off the chassis, and use thumbscrews with rubber washers to hold them securely to the chassis frame.
The bottom of the chassis offers round, hard rubber feet to keep the chassis off the ground. The height allows for the PSU and optional fan location to draw in cooler air through the one piece dust filter that covers both intakes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NZXT Phantom 240 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Phantom 240]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit