With the exception of the added optical bay, this will be a photocopy of the older design. The circles you see are protruding into the drive bay to act as a guide for the rail system. There is no chance of misaligning a drive since it slides all the way back between the circles and clicks securely into place. Kinda reminds us of the KISS system (Keep It SSimple Stupid).
Moving down the bay tower brings us to the FDD bays. Of course, you won't have any need to access it from this angle since it is removable, but this way you can see what you're getting up front.
Our final destination when moving down the tree brings us to the hard drive bays. Again, we see an update from past designs; namely space for five drives. For those hardcore enthusiasts, this gives you space for a full 4-drive RAID plus a single drive for booting the operating system. Also improved is the retention system for the drives.
We again see a rail system for mounting the drives, but it is different than what we may be used to seeing. This particular design has becoming more popular of late and for good reason. It allows you to remove a single tray for hard drive mounting and then it snaps back into place. Lets look at it from another angle.
When mounting the drives into the system, you use the bottom mounting holes instead of those on the side. You can either mount them directly to the tray by using the four small screw holes, or get some rubber grommets and mount them that way for extra protection against drive vibration during use.
I would have liked to see those rubber grommets come standard with the case, but they were not included so must be an option you have to pay a bit more for. Regardless, I recommend getting them since it pretty much eliminates drive vibration rattling the case and making more noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard