SteelSeries mice have impressed us in many ways over the years, and the Sensei Wireless is a great addition to their lineup. Not only is this mouse wireless, lag-less, ambidextrous, comfortable, as well as being easy to use and set up, but in the end, we really had a hard time picking out any issues or flaws in the design.
Comfort, well we have come to expect a certain level of comfort with rubberized grips, and designed shaped and contours that make moving and lifting these mice almost effortless. Its low weight aids in this comfortable maneuverability as well. We also like that even with the CPI maxed out, we did not run into jitter with the music way too loud, nor did we find the sensor wandering anywhere. As long as the Sensei Wireless mouse is on, there really is nothing to complain about.
While customizable LEDs, Macros, rearranging of the button layout, and things of that nature in the software are all counting toward points in the features section of the award, we find the battery status LED setup to be very handy, and easy to see when a large ring is glowing on the base somewhere on your desktop, and likely in eye shot. In high performance mode, as long as the shut-off timer is set low enough so that the mouse doesn't sit there idle, 16 hours of life is easily doable. In balanced mode, we actually took the mouse into three days of usage before it needed to go back on the base. For those of you out there that want to use this as a wired mouse, that is fine, and if the battery does poop out after a few years, it can still be used with full functionality by the cable. Of course, if you were looking into a wired mouse, even if ambidextrous because you are a left-hand user, this is a bit more that you need anyways.
No matter how much we praise this design, we know there are going to be a lot of potential buyers that return to the main list of mice once they get a look at the pricing. We could sit here and force this product down your throat and promise it is the next best thing since sliced bread, but that call is really up to you. Do we like what SteelSeries is offering in the Sensei Wireless? Absolutely. In fact, it found a home at our side, and it will only be its death that removes it from its 24/7 duty on the desktop. Are there more capable wireless mice out there? Yes, and no.
While some offer better software for better control, onboard storage, and will generally make customizing pretty simple, the Sensei Wireless brings in comfort, and pleasure when using it that those other mice may not offer for your hand shape, size, or grip style. In the end though, even in our seat with no money spent, we would still have trouble pulling the trigger at this price. Even with a thirty million click lifespan that hopefully outlasts the one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the STEELSERIES SENSEI WIRELESS LASER MOUSE for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The STEELSERIES SENSEI WIRELESS LASER MOUSE retails for $152.07 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit