Test System Setup
Processor: AMD Athlon FX-51
Motherboard: ASUS SK8V
Memory: Corsair 2x 512MB PC3200
Hard Disk: 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200 160GB in RAID 0
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.5
Let me start off right now by saying that this is no Radeon 9600 XT- the card may be a 9600 and may boast an extra 128MB, but by no means is this a Radeon 9600 XT Turbo which is offered by HIS.
To start off the benchmarking, we have 3DMark 03. To give our readers a feel for the difference in gaming performance demonstrated by this card, and the performances and results demonstrated by mainstream gaming cards, we have included several other cards (some by HIS) to best offer our readers real results.
3DMark03 is the latest version of the highly favored 3DMark series. By combining full DirectX9.0 support with completely new tests and graphics, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being industry standard benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
As clearly visible by looking at the results, the 9600 Dual DVI is by no means a gaming card. Scores are low as is image quality throughout games. In several titles (such as Counter-Strike), resolutions above 1280x1024 produced very apparent color glitches and distortions were present during various stages of game play.
Aquamark3 is the latest instalment of the Aquamark benchmark suite. This new benchmark is much more powerful and demands much more from both the system and the graphics card. If there is any weakness in the system or 3D components, Aquamark3 will find them.
The Radeon 9800 XT produces nearly five times the FPS with the same amount of onboard RAM as the Dual DVI 9600 by HIS. Perhaps not a fair comparison, but it surely puts the card in perspective for those looking for a gaming card and multi-monitor card in one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 2 [In the Box and The Card]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 3 [Real World Performance Usage]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, 3DMark03 and Aquamark3]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Halo PC and Call of Duty]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and Jedi Knight Academy]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam