The graphics industry is known for quarterly performance enhancements and upgrade introductions. It is rare for a mainstream consumer graphic card manufacturer to be taking a plunge into specialized performance and feature video cards. From their turbo-clocked Radeon 9600 XT to their arctic-cooled 9800 Pro, HIS continues to surprise us with innovative products. Here today with the TweakTown Canadian Labs is HIS's brand new Dual DVI Radeon 9600 - that's right, a Radeon 9600 with dual native DVI outputs and an impressive 256MB of RAM.
Today, many businesses house multiple computers with LCD monitors galore. With DVI as the native LCD signal transmission format, it is only the next logical step for companies to manufacture dual DVI output graphic cards. Without having to use a VGA to DVI converter, you can expect better response times and even better image quality as a result. As logic would tell us, keeping a signal in its native format without going through a conversion (or two) only produces better results. LCD's should love this card.
Sporty boxes, flashy graphics and logo-plagues can be found with this card, as with all HIS products. Being a massive European manufacturer, HIS takes its foreign markets seriously. Finishing touches are detailed and paid much attention to.
Does this card perform better under the stress of dual LCD monitors than generic VGA/DVI graphic cards from competing manufacturers? Does the 256MB RAM boost truly provide a leg up on competitors? How does this card perform in the latest DX9 games? All this we will find out - Read on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 2 [In the Box and The Card]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 3 [Real World Performance Usage]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, 3DMark03 and Aquamark3]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Halo PC and Call of Duty]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and Jedi Knight Academy]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms