HD Tune PRO - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
There are several very good SSDs in the 128GB capacity size but most are older models with 64Gbit die. Many of the new 128GB size drives use 128Gbit die and their performance is slower than older SSDs since the larger die do not use the same amount of interleaving. The ADATA SP920 128GB is a good example of a modern SSD using 128Gbit die and the Crucial M550 128GB is the exact same SSD but with 64Gbit die. In the charts today, you can see how the die density changes performance in the 128GB capacity size. That is if you can look past the Samsung 850 Pro 128GB outperforming everything else.
Like I said, it's difficult to see past the explosive performance of the 850 Pro 128GB. The write performance is higher than anything else we've seen in this capacity size. The 850 Pro is also Samsung's first attempt at tackling performance consistency; it looks like they nailed it right from the start.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
I have to wonder if Samsung intentionally sent us the 128GB model. We've been the only media outlet to say anything negative about Samsung SSDs in the past. The criticism always came from the 128GB capacity sizes drives.
The 830, 840, 840 Pro and 840 EVO 128GB models all lost a significant amount of write performance after random writes to the drive. Samsung's new V-NAND flash addresses the issue and as you can see here, not only does the performance stay very close to 400 MB/s, it's also one of the fastest SSDs in this test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit