Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Sitting at the upper end of $300, the GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition comes in as one of the more expensive Z97 options on the market, with only a few boards coming in at a higher price point. As soon as you're talking about near $400 for a motherboard, it's extremely important that the price can be justified. So, the question is, can GIGABYTE charge this kind of money for the Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition?
In a word, yes! This is a really fantastic motherboard. When it comes to overall performance, out of the box, the GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition performs as you'd expect. This is pretty standard, with most Z97 boards performing quite closely to each other at stock. Overclocking on the board, though, was strong; it saw our new i7-4790K go 50MHz higher than what we saw out of our ASRock board the other day.
Moving away from performance and diving into the other areas that make the board really stand out, you can see from the bundle perspective that we have a great setup going on. The addition of the Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11ac card alongside our dual USB 3.0 front panel connector is nice. What really stands out from the bundle are the braided SATA cables. Sure, it's only something small, but this little addition helps make the overall bundle feel like that much more thought has gone into it.
Then you have the board features. The upgrades to the audio and networking via the Sound Blaster and Killer chips are extremely appreciated. The AMP UP technology is something really cool as well. If you're using a custom water cooling loop, the ability to throw some barbs onto the heat sink and expand your water cooling loop is really cool. We've then got the other little additions like the gold plating of our audio and video out connectors on the I/O panel.
I'm really a huge fan of this board. So much so that I think I'm going to use it in my own personal build that I've been talking about doing for months. I get a chance to look at a ton of motherboards, and this one really does stand out for all of the right reasons. I'm not a huge gamer, but I do love a motherboard that packs a ton of features and just looks and feels of high quality. From a stamp of approval perspective, I'm not sure I can give much greater than wanting to use it myself. The GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition really is a stellar motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition retails for $349.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card