This Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workload is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The SAS v4 provides 288 IOPS, the SATA v4 averages 282 IOPS, and the He6 weighs in with 264 IOPS. The SAS He6 is actually 29 IOPS faster than the SATA He6 model.
The SAS v4 requires 10.47 Watts, the SATA v4 averages 10.08 Watts, and the He6 averages 6.85 Watts.
The two Seagate v4's are close together at 27/28 IOPS per Watt, but the He6 distances itself from the crowd with an average of 36 IOPS per WATT.
The file server workload tests a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, with an 80% read and 20% write distribution.
The SAS v4 averages 250 IOPS at QD256, the SATA v4 averages 254 IOPS at QD256, and the He6 delivers an average of 261 IOPS.
The SAS V4 averages 10.77 Watts, the SATA v4 averages 10.5 Watts, and the He6 averages of 7.49 Watts.
The He6 leads the chart once again in efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Monster Hunter: World expansion Iceborne announced
- Witcher 3's Geralt comes to Monster Hunter: World
- Obsidian's The Outer Worlds won't have microtransactions
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- This is about an Asus X541N laptop
- H61 Ivy Bridge upgrade issue
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC