128k Sequential Read/Write
We write to every LBA on both drives to highlight performance degradation from the outer to inner tracks of the drives. The drives begin with much higher speed on the outer tracks. The He6 requires 11 ½ hours to write the entire 6TB of data, but the SAS v4 is considerably faster, completing the task in roughly 9 hours, and the SATA v4 completes the task in 9.5 hours.
The SAS v4 has a 10MB/s advantage over the SATA v4 in sustained transfer speed, allowing it to finish the workload in a shorter amount of time. This increase is apparent in the faster completion time in this test; however, the incremental increase did not show up in short workload testing.
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the HDD. The SAS v4 averages 190 MB/s, the SATA v4 wins with an average of 192 MB/s and also exhibits the same tight performance profile. The He6 follows with an average of 158 MB/s.
The Seagate v4 provides lower latency across the board with sequential read activity.
The SAS v4 averages 190 MB/s, the SATA v4 leads with an average of 192 MB/s, and the He6 averages 159 MB/s.
The SAS and SATA v4 leads the mixed sequential testing, running away with the win in every category.
The SAS v4 averages 10.9 Watts, the SATA v4 averages 9.67 Watts, and the He6 averages a flat 7.11 Watts.
The HGST He6 continues to lead our efficiency metrics due to its very low power consumption.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada