HD Tune PRO - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
With the drive in a clean state, we start to wear the flash down with a read and write across the full span of the user LBA area. This test really starts out the whole theme of the Extreme PRO; it's a cut above every other drive on the market. In HD Tune Pro, using 64Kb sequential reads, the drive delivers an average of 473.5 MB/s. The top end of the same is 474 MB/s, and the other end is 468.5 MB/s.
Writing data is what wears the drive's flash down to a steady state. Even in this test at a queue depth of one, you can see the other drives start to lose performance as the write speeds 'wave' up and down as blocks take the first writes. Two drives on the chart, the Extreme PRO and Extreme II, produce the tightest write speed group.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
Here we see the Extreme PRO 480GB SSD's sequential test after a reasonable number of random writes. At the time of the test, the drive is managing garbage collection in order to write the new 128Kb data to the flash. The write performance drops to 225 MB/s in one area, but for the most part, the write speeds hover between 300 MB/s and 350 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series