HD Tune PRO - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
With the drive in a clean state, we start to wear the flash down with a read and write across the full span of the user LBA area. This test really starts out the whole theme of the Extreme PRO; it's a cut above every other drive on the market. In HD Tune Pro, using 64Kb sequential reads, the drive delivers an average of 473.5 MB/s. The top end of the same is 474 MB/s, and the other end is 468.5 MB/s.
Writing data is what wears the drive's flash down to a steady state. Even in this test at a queue depth of one, you can see the other drives start to lose performance as the write speeds 'wave' up and down as blocks take the first writes. Two drives on the chart, the Extreme PRO and Extreme II, produce the tightest write speed group.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
Here we see the Extreme PRO 480GB SSD's sequential test after a reasonable number of random writes. At the time of the test, the drive is managing garbage collection in order to write the new 128Kb data to the flash. The write performance drops to 225 MB/s in one area, but for the most part, the write speeds hover between 300 MB/s and 350 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage (Drives with Data Testing)]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Notebook Battery Life]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]