SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD
In order to get the first shot at testing the Extreme PRO, we received all three capacity sizes in bare drive form, without the retail package. The retail package does include a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter bracket.
The Extreme PRO styling dates back to the original Extreme SSD. The label on the back of the drive gives us the model number, capacity size, and serial number.
The Extreme PRO uses the same Marvell 88SS9187 controller found in the Extreme II, but the clock frequency has increased from the previous generation. SanDisk made sure to keep the internal components cool by using the case as a heat sink.
The controller and DRAM have epoxy that keeps the components firmly planted to the PCB. We rarely see this on consumer SSDs. Every military grade SSD we've seen uses epoxy, though.
There are eight NAND flash packages on the Extreme PRO 480GB SSD. These are SanDisk's latest 1Ynm Toggle flash.
All of the surface-mount components are on the same side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games announces $100 million grant program
- Smash Bros. Ultimate pro-player storms out of tournament
- Remedy's new game Control is Epic Games exclusive for 1 year
- Unreal Engine 4 ray tracing tech demo 'Troll' teased at GDC
- NVIDIA: Turing GPUs sold 45% more than Pascal during launch
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023