This Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workload is a demanding 8k random test with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments, and these workloads bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The Samsung 845DC EVO has a very consistent average of 19,678 IOPS at 256 OIO. The Micron M500DC tops the chart with an average of 21,133 IOPS but experiences significant variability, and the Intel DC S3500 averages 19,400 IOPS at 256 OIO. The significant variability from the M500DC muddies the performance picture, while the 845DC EVO comes in slightly lower with very consistent performance.
The 845DC EVO averages 3.55 watts. The M500DC averages 2.76 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.76 watts.
The 845DC EVO averages 5,465 IOPS-per-Watt. The M500DC averages 7,676 IOPS-per-Watt, and the DC S3500 averages 4,040 IOPS-per-Watt.
The Web Server workload is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The 845DC EVO leverages its excellent performance in pure read environments and delivers an impressive 28,054 IOPS at 256 OIO. The M500DC averages 18,650 IOPS, falling to the DC S3500's average of 23,664 IOPS.
The 845DC EVO averages 3.55 watts. The M500DC averages 3.21 watts, and the DC S3500 requires 3.8 watts during the Web Server workload.
The 845DC EVO scores 914 IOPS-per-Watt. The M500DC scores 1,965 IOPS-per-Watt, compared to 749 IOPS-per-Watt for the DC S3500.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard