Samsung 845DC EVO Internals
The Samsung 845DC EVO comes in a 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm z-height in the typical Samsung motif.
The case is bereft of thermal pads, indicating that the 3bit NAND may run cooler than typical 2bit. Twenty-one tantalum capacitors are dispersed on the PCB, with several pads open for more capacitors in the high-capacity model.
Four 128GB packages of Samsung 19nm Toggle 3bit MLC NAND populate the rear of the PCB. Each package features eight dies with 16GB per die. The top of the PCB, which houses the controller and DRAM, also has extra pads for the four additional packages required for the 960GB model.
The Samsung S4LN045X01-8030 controller, more commonly known as the MEX, is a 400MHz eight-channel Cortex R4-based ARM controller. This is a tri-core controller designed and manufactured by Samsung. Pairing this with 1GB of LPDDR2 DRAM completes the Samsung-only build.
Samsung 845DC EVO Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!