Samsung 845DC EVO Internals
The Samsung 845DC EVO comes in a 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm z-height in the typical Samsung motif.
The case is bereft of thermal pads, indicating that the 3bit NAND may run cooler than typical 2bit. Twenty-one tantalum capacitors are dispersed on the PCB, with several pads open for more capacitors in the high-capacity model.
Four 128GB packages of Samsung 19nm Toggle 3bit MLC NAND populate the rear of the PCB. Each package features eight dies with 16GB per die. The top of the PCB, which houses the controller and DRAM, also has extra pads for the four additional packages required for the 960GB model.
The Samsung S4LN045X01-8030 controller, more commonly known as the MEX, is a 400MHz eight-channel Cortex R4-based ARM controller. This is a tri-core controller designed and manufactured by Samsung. Pairing this with 1GB of LPDDR2 DRAM completes the Samsung-only build.
Samsung 845DC EVO Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard