Samsung 845DC EVO Internals
The Samsung 845DC EVO comes in a 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm z-height in the typical Samsung motif.
The case is bereft of thermal pads, indicating that the 3bit NAND may run cooler than typical 2bit. Twenty-one tantalum capacitors are dispersed on the PCB, with several pads open for more capacitors in the high-capacity model.
Four 128GB packages of Samsung 19nm Toggle 3bit MLC NAND populate the rear of the PCB. Each package features eight dies with 16GB per die. The top of the PCB, which houses the controller and DRAM, also has extra pads for the four additional packages required for the 960GB model.
The Samsung S4LN045X01-8030 controller, more commonly known as the MEX, is a 400MHz eight-channel Cortex R4-based ARM controller. This is a tri-core controller designed and manufactured by Samsung. Pairing this with 1GB of LPDDR2 DRAM completes the Samsung-only build.
Samsung 845DC EVO Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit