Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
The ASUS GTX 780 6GB STRIX OC is really quite new, and at the moment, we don't have pricing on the model. From the perspective of the cooler, we can assume it won't carry too much of a premium when compared to other DirectCU II options from ASUS. It won't see the same kind of premium as the watercooling supported ROG POSEIDON model we looked at from ASUS a bit ago. What will bring the biggest jump, though, is the decision to go with 6GB of GDDR5 instead of the standard 3GB.
The doubling of the memory will undoubtedly see the card sitting in the high $500 price bracket with other 6GB models from other companies. I find myself not completely convinced by the need to double the memory on the model. We can't deny, though, that a number of users love to have as much GDDR5 as possible accompanying their GPU of choice.
Performance on the whole is strong. The overclock that ASUS is offering is impressive and a decent bump over the reference NVIDIA clocks. It's short of the ROG POSEIDON clocks that ASUS has given that model, but the more extreme nature of that cooler means the company can go a bit crazier than normal. What we love is the cooler, though, and that's clearly what ASUS wants us to love about this product.
The idea behind the STRIX series is fantastic, and with the right components, you could really have a system that is pretty much silent at idle. One of the things that really stands out for us about the cooler is the fact that even when gaming it doesn't always spin; not until it gets to a certain temperature does it need to get up and running. This is a testament to the quality of the heat sink that ASUS has.
Outside of that, what is really quite amazing is that when the core does warm up and the fans do begin to spin, they don't start screaming away to drop the core temperature right down. Instead, they run at an extremely low noise level while also keeping the core at a very reasonable temperature under load. What really tops it all off is the fact that ASUS has then turned around and increased the core clock of the card for more performance.
While the bundle is a little on the light side of things, it's also in line with what we see most companies offer these days. The ASUS GTX 780 6GB STRIX OC is all about the cooling system that ASUS offers. The ASUS GTX 780 6GB STRIX OC is just a fantastic video card. It features great performance, a ton of memory, and a cooler that really stands out from the pack for all the right reasons. ASUS has really put together a great product here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25