While not a completely tool-free process, Thermaltake has done a fair amount of work to make the use of tools minimal. One example of this is the removable drive bays. Both the FDD and HDD bays can be easily removed from the enclosure to allow easy installation of drives and components.
The FDD bay is removed by simply pulling back the top handle. The HDD tower comes out as a complete unit by unscrewing a thumbscrew at the base and pulling down on the lower handle pictured above. This makes it unnecessary to remove the far side cover to get at the back screws holding in your drives.
Installation of hard drives has never been a real pain, but the LANMOTO wants to make it even easier. After removing the HDD tower from the box, you simply secure the drive in place with thumbscrews. Not only that, each hard drive bay has rubber grommets mounted to take care of the extra noise caused by the vibration of the drive when it spins up.
Thumbscrews are certainly a nice touch, but we're not finished with them yet...
Those very same thumbscrews used to install hard drives are also used to mount the motherboard! They fit the standoffs perfectly and kept the motherboard firmly in place.
We talked a bit ago about the new PCI retention system. It is a simple method where the plastic clip is moved upward to allow access to a slot and then moved down again once the peripheral is in place. So how did it work?
Perfectly! Even with tall boards, the clip handled the job well. This very board was used to test out the Xaser series enclosures and I broke one clip to try to make it work and ended up using a screw to fasten it in a more conventional manner. With the new clip design used in the LANMOTO, I was able to install the board simply and effectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon