Test System Setup
For our tests, we had two sets of CPUs to run. We used both AMD Opteron 6338P 12-core CPUs and AMD Opteron 6370P 16-core CPUs.
Looking at a CPUz screenshot of the AMD Opteron 6338P 12-core CPUs, we can see a TDP of 99 watts and a clock speed of 2483.76MHz. The base clock speed of these CPUs is 2300 MHz, and they feature a turbo speed of 2800MHz. In the BIOS, we set the system to run in performance mode, and that explains the slight increase in base speed. The core voltage on this CPU is 1.112V.
Looking at a CPUz screen for the AMD Opteron 6370P 16-core CPUs, we see these also have a TDP of 99 watts, and they have a slightly lower core voltage of 1.064V. This CPU is showing a clock speed of 2199.88MHz. The base clock speed of these CPUs is 2000MHz with a turbo speed of 2500MHz. Again, we have the system set to run in performance mode in the BIOS.
In order to keep heat under control, the 6370P has a lower base speed, but four more cores. We expect single-threaded performance to be slightly lower on the 6370P, but it will have higher multi-threaded scores.
That is the tradeoff between these two CPUs: higher single-threaded results versus higher multi-threaded results.
These processors are based on the Warsaw core for enterprise class servers. Warsaw CPUs are built using the 32nm "Piledriver" microarchitecture. They offer better performance per watt than Opteron 6300 products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CEO resigns, CFO steps up to the 10nm plate
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most tweeted E3 title
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit