Keyboard and TouchPad
As you would expect, since both of the S7-392s feature the same body and keyboard, there is really no difference to discuss.
The keyboard fitted to the EON17-S is definitely acceptable and will function as a gaming keyboard without much issue. True typists would probably prefer a different keyboard, but it gets the job done without undue burden.
The keys have a good amount of throw, but there is one issue. The flex present in the keyboard is somewhat bad. There is flex apparent over most of the keyboard, but it is most horrible at the comma key area. The rest of the flex isn't generally noticeable during typing, but the comma key flex definitely is.
The keyboard is sunk into the panel is sits on like most laptop keyboards. The keys themselves have an interesting texture that almost feels rubbery, but it's unlike the soft-touch rubber coating on the palm rests and the surrounding surface area. The keys also have an interesting design, which I'm sure you can see in the picture. The keys caps themselves are smaller than the actual key, which makes the caps appear spaced out, but the keys themselves don't actually have any physical separation.
The backlighting present on the keyboard features three different zones that can each be customized through a wide range of RGB colors. Additionally, the touchpad's Origin logo is backlit, and the color the logo glows can be changed to one of several colors.
Speaking of the touchpad, I was less than enthused by it. The texture felt wrong, and I found it rather hard to use effectively. I do like that the touchpad features two physical buttons for left and right click. In between those two buttons, you can see the fingerprint reader that is included in the EON17-S system.
The display on the EON17-S is a 17.3-inch behemoth, which features a matte coating that cuts down on glare and reflections. The panel itself features the standard 1920x1080 resolution, though a bump up to 2560x1440 would be appreciated. The screen quickly darkens as you start moving off-angle, and it could definitely use a bump in brightness. However, it suffices and gets the job done.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit