128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The Seagate 600 Pro averages 491 MB/s, but does so even at relatively light loadings. The Micron M500DC averages 417 MB/s at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s.
The 600 Pro provides the lowest overall latency.
The Seagate 600 Pro provides excellent sequential write speed at 452 MB/s. The M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3500 averages 424 MB/s.
The M500DC exerts its dominance in mixed sequential workloads, winning the majority of the tests.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 3.67 watts, well below the competing SSDs. The M500DC averages 5.24 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 4.83 watts.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 122 MB/s per watt. The M500DC averages 73 MB/s per watt, and the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate 600 Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard