8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
Once again, the Seagate 600 Pro leads with its excellent random read performance of 52,946 IOPS at 256 OIO. The average 8k random read speed of the Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test, with the 600 Pro taking a comfortable lead.
The Seagate 600 Pro averages 15,552 IOPS with 256 OIO, while the M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS. The DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
The M500DC leads the 8k mixed workload testing for the majority of the test. The 600 Pro takes the lead from 40-80%, while the DC S3500 has a tighter performance profile; it is well below the M500DC and 600 Pro.
The 600 Pro continues its exceptionally low power consumption with an average of 3.17 watts. The M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.75 watts during the measurement window.
The 600 Pro edges out the competition with an average of 4,896 IOPS-per-Watt. The M500DC trails slightly with 4,877 IOPS-per-Watt, and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate 600 Pro Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- PlayStation VR sales hit 4.2 million
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019