Installation and Finished Product
First, we should get back to more detail on the radiator mounting. Here we have set the stud into the clip, and it is adjustable to slide the radiator in and out. The hex shaped hole above is where the bracket mounts directly to the radiator.
While this is only one of the four brackets, this image does explain better how this arrangement works. Just remember brackets built with A-clips go to the left fan, and ones built with clear B-clips go to the fan on the right.
We also installed the Intel head unit bracket. There is some room for adjustment of the orientation of the logo on the front; just be aware, and do not put the mounting leg under the fittings.
To get here we had to apply the sticker to the other side so that it sticks in place to the motherboard. We also had to put the studs in each end, and install the retainer clips to help keep them from pushing out of the back when mounting the head unit.
Flipping the board over, we found the studs poked right through the board and stood a bit proud of the PCB. This will not affect mounting pressure in the slightest, as the mounting screws have sections of thread that vary in length to compensate for each socket type.
This is the configuration in which we will be testing the Reserator 3 Max Dual. This was another issue we spotted here. Think about the motherboard being rotated to the left; the head unit is still correct, but the hoses will now run right across it and block it from view.
This is the typical orientation in which users will install the head unit. There are no intrusions to the memory to speak of, and since the memory is now the tallest thing on the board, height of this is not an issue either.
Once things are powered up, there is a very visible blue glow from the head unit surrounding the Zalman name plate in the center. However, while the fans do have blue LED hubs, they are very dim, and in this lighting they are barely visible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Reserator 3 Max Dual CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Mortal Kombat 11 paid beta features 5 fighters, no Sub-Zero
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced