Features of the KX600S Pro
- Package and Contents
Being a budget motherboard you would expect a budget package. This is what you get but it does have everything you will need in order to get yourself up and running. First off you get your motherboard, along with this is a Driver CD with Norton Antivirus included to keep your PC clean from the nasties. Albatron has been known in the past to include a very in-depth user manual, and this time it gets even better. Not only does the user manual weigh in at over 200 pages, but it explains the full BIOS functions in all the major languages, so no matter if you speak English, Chinese or German, you will have no problems setting up this board from the User Manual.
You also get two IDE ribbon cables, two Serial ATA cables, Serial ATA power splitter, I/O shield as well as reference stickers you can place on your case either on the inside of the side panels or wherever you choose to give you easy reference for locating jumpers and switches if you should ever need to reset the BIOS.
- Motherboard Layout
The motherboard itself is pretty well laid out for what you might think is more of a hardcore user's board, without all the addition features. The motherboard itself only measures 200x292mm, easy able to squeeze into any ATX Midi tower case, and even some of the more tightly constraining cases. The only major gripe is the location of the 20 pin ATX connector being placed between the I/O plate and the Northbridge heatsink. This causes the bulky 20 pin power lines to clutter around the CPU heatsink, causing some air flow problems.
The placement of the FDD connector could also have used some thought; however, we don't see this motherboard going into extremely large cases, where the FDD drive is extremely high up, however, the placement of the cable in this position does cause further air flow restrictions.
Albatron gives you one AGP 3.0 slot and five PCI slots to add in whatever cards you see fit, with the limited onboard features, the more PCI slots the better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite and Diablo 3 rumored for the Nintendo Switch
- Samsung unveils massive 30TB SSD, largest capacity SSD ever
- Intel intends to 'compete in graphics products' in future
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit