With the advancements in the AMD segment, it is easy to sometimes overlook what is still tried and true, and none the less, still a popular platform for overclockers and hardcore overclockers on more of a budget.
The AMD Athlon platform gave AMD its title crown as king of the CPU's. In a time when Intel was king and AMD was just an alternative CPU, a brave new core entered into the arena, and upset everything from Intel's speed claims to DRAM migration to RDRAM - yes sir, AMD Athlon caused quite a stir.
Today it has been relegated to the back burners of AMD's advancement charts, with Athlon 64, FX and Opteron taking up all of the latest R&D dollars and it's not likely you will see too much advancement from AMD on the Athlon parts.
The KT600 chipset has been VIA's biggest step up on the AMD Athlon platform. The KT600 was introduced to fix a lot of the problems in performance and compatibility the KT400 series had, as well as to try and compete with the nForce2 Ultra series of chipsets.
Today we have Albatron's more budget orientated KT600 motherboard with some rather good overclocking features. Come and take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 12 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases