With the advancements in the AMD segment, it is easy to sometimes overlook what is still tried and true, and none the less, still a popular platform for overclockers and hardcore overclockers on more of a budget.
The AMD Athlon platform gave AMD its title crown as king of the CPU's. In a time when Intel was king and AMD was just an alternative CPU, a brave new core entered into the arena, and upset everything from Intel's speed claims to DRAM migration to RDRAM - yes sir, AMD Athlon caused quite a stir.
Today it has been relegated to the back burners of AMD's advancement charts, with Athlon 64, FX and Opteron taking up all of the latest R&D dollars and it's not likely you will see too much advancement from AMD on the Athlon parts.
The KT600 chipset has been VIA's biggest step up on the AMD Athlon platform. The KT600 was introduced to fix a lot of the problems in performance and compatibility the KT400 series had, as well as to try and compete with the nForce2 Ultra series of chipsets.
Today we have Albatron's more budget orientated KT600 motherboard with some rather good overclocking features. Come and take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Albatron KX600S Pro - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard