Packaging and the DS380 Continued
Starting off the third page of this article, we take our first look inside the chassis. As you can see, we have the hot swap bays to the left and the internal four bay rack to the right. The motherboard tray sits in the back of the chassis.
To remove the drive rack, there are two screws on the bottom side of the enclosure.
Now that we have the drive cage out, we can get a good look at it. Here we have dual Molex connections that fan out throughout the PCB and are connected to the caps to supply clean, ripple free power to the drives. Furthermore, we have 16 SATA connectors on the back of the unit, eight of which are used to connect SAS drives.
Now that we have the drive cage out of the unit, we can take yet another look inside. As you can see, we have quite a bit of room to work with here. Up front, we have the front panel wires coming through around the fans, while the fan wires, while not sleeved, follow the same path towards the motherboard.
The setup we are installing in our DS380 is an MSI Z87I Gaming AC motherboard, an Intel Core i7 4770 CPU, and 16GB of Patriot Extreme Masters.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the DS380]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the DS380 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series