Installation and Finished Product
Above the motherboard, the mounting hardware is designed to stay in place with just the pressure of the spacers on the studs in the corners. This allows users to go ahead and install the board without adhesives, or screwing things in place thus far.
On the flip side of the board we have the back plate aligned, and the studs are also aligned to fit the plate so that they won't spin when adding the thumbscrews to secure the head unit. With Intel installation, there are plastic spacers already on the plate for isolation.
While the installation was pretty painless, we found that we could not use the typical top mounted orientation we usually do with AIOs. However, with all the variations, orientations, and repeated mounts and test runs, its location will matter very little to us for our needs, and should not be any issue in a typical chassis with the correct space for this cooler.
While we don't get the fancy LEDs in the fans, the head unit will glow with the blue LED as seen here once the system is powered. This is also a good first check when booting, just to make sure that the pump is plugged in. Since it makes only 31dB of noise at full go, it is hard to hear the fans, so the light is beneficial in that manner as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 sounds like it'll repeat Halo 5's mistakes
- Capcom shutters Dead Rising studio, cancels all projects
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- Mono Studio release launch trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark
- My Nintendo Gold Points can be used for Switch Online plans
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.