Installation and Finished Product
Above the motherboard, the mounting hardware is designed to stay in place with just the pressure of the spacers on the studs in the corners. This allows users to go ahead and install the board without adhesives, or screwing things in place thus far.
On the flip side of the board we have the back plate aligned, and the studs are also aligned to fit the plate so that they won't spin when adding the thumbscrews to secure the head unit. With Intel installation, there are plastic spacers already on the plate for isolation.
While the installation was pretty painless, we found that we could not use the typical top mounted orientation we usually do with AIOs. However, with all the variations, orientations, and repeated mounts and test runs, its location will matter very little to us for our needs, and should not be any issue in a typical chassis with the correct space for this cooler.
While we don't get the fancy LEDs in the fans, the head unit will glow with the blue LED as seen here once the system is powered. This is also a good first check when booting, just to make sure that the pump is plugged in. Since it makes only 31dB of noise at full go, it is hard to hear the fans, so the light is beneficial in that manner as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit