Accessories and Documentation
Since the cooler is set up for Intel, we pulled out the basic Intel mounting kit for everything except LGA2011. We have the studs, spacers, and thumbscrews on both sides. In the middle is a universal back plate that is drilled on two sides to fit various Intel sockets, but only installs in one way for AMD users.
Here we are showing the LGA2011 mounting studs that replace the longer ones for AMD and Intel mounting. This is followed by AMD isolation pads for the back plate, the LGA775 preload spacer, and some TIM. The bottom shows the eight long screws to run through the fans underneath, and there are eight shorter screws to hang the radiator in the chassis.
The last bit of the hardware offered is what we see here. The AMD mounting brackets for the head unit are in the middle, and there is a Y-splitter cable that has two four-pin female connections that terminate in a single, male four-pin connection to power both fans from one PWM header.
There is also a very well written and illustrated manual to take you through the installation, along with a checklist of parts. Since we are very familiar with these installations, we didn't need this for much more than a look through –just to make sure we didn't miss anything new; we didn't.
The last bit of the kit, and likely the most important to the efficiency of this design, is the pair of high performance fans. Both are four-pin powered, have nine blades, and are rated to be some pretty serious fans.
What is really cool about these ED122512S-PA fans is the tiny little switch on the back of the fan frame. This allows the user to set a predefined limit of 600 – 1300 RPM, 600 – 2000 RPM, or let them crank along as we will in the 600 – 2500 RPM range for full effect.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam