Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As you'd hope and expect, the ASUS Z79I PLUS comes in at a fairly strong price point. While you do pay a little bit of a premium for the small stature, you do save money as it simply can't offer the same amount of features as other larger boards. At around the mid $100 mark, the ASUS Z79I PLUS is priced well and more aggressively than options from other companies.
ASUS has managed to do a really good job packing everything they can into this little motherboard. It's not hugely fancy and doesn't have the same flair as we've seen from their Mini-ITX ROG boards. Instead, it has a more basic and flat look about it. In the end, though, the board performs extremely well, and that is always the main thing.
Out of the box, performance is pretty much in line with everything else we've looked at. For the most part, we shouldn't see much change between different motherboards at stock. Overclocking is probably the nicest bonus, though. When you go this small, it means that everything becomes a little more cramped and, in turn, can run a bit warmer.
In the end, you can see that our overclocking result of 4.93GHz is in the middle of the pack when compared to what we've seen from other boards. It's a good number, and you can see today that it yields some great performance gains when compared to the stock numbers.
Feature wise, the board is also strong. ASUS has managed to squeeze in the M.2 slot on the back of the board while also offering a decent bundle that includes the normal cables and the addition of a wireless antenna and card. The addition of wireless networking is always appreciated on these small boards as you may find yourself building a home theater system and placing it in an area that doesn't have easy access to a network cable.
When it comes to overall value, Mini-ITX is simply for you or not. The price is strong, the features are great, and the performance is awesome. Saying that, you wouldn't buy this unless you wanted to build a Mini-ITX system as you can get more for a similar price if you opt for something bigger. What we can say, though, is if you're on the hunt for a new motherboard to build around a new Mini-ITX case, then this is something you should be looking at. The ASUS Z97I PLUS is a strong overall motherboard that ticks all the right boxes. We can't ask for much more.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z97I PLUS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z97I PLUS for $179.00 at Amazon.
Australia: The ASUS Z97I PLUS retails for $369.99 AUD at Mighty Ape Australia.
New Zealand: The ASUS Z97I PLUS retails for $399.99 NZD at Mighty Ape NZ.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon