Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs here today that will be sitting alongside the ASUS Z97I PLUS, which we will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds. From the Z97 side of things, we've got the first Z97 board we looked at, the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, the ASRock Z97 Extreme4, the MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC, and the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H. For good measure, we've also included the ASRock Z87 Killer.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we have to see what's going on with overclocking. We headed into the BIOS and adjusted our multiplier to 49x and our BCLK to 102, which brings us in at nearly 5GHz. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much luck at that speed, so we headed back into the BIOS to see what we could do.
Looking above, you can see we stuck with the 49x multiplier but had to drop the BCLK to 100.5. This results in a final clock of 4925.17MHz or 4.93GHz, as shown in our graphs here today. Let's leave it at that and get into the performance side of things to see just what we're dealing with here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- ARK on Xbox One X: renders at 1440p 30FPS or 1080p 60FPS
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz