Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs here today that will be sitting alongside the ASUS Z97I PLUS, which we will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds. From the Z97 side of things, we've got the first Z97 board we looked at, the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, the ASRock Z97 Extreme4, the MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC, and the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H. For good measure, we've also included the ASRock Z87 Killer.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we have to see what's going on with overclocking. We headed into the BIOS and adjusted our multiplier to 49x and our BCLK to 102, which brings us in at nearly 5GHz. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much luck at that speed, so we headed back into the BIOS to see what we could do.
Looking above, you can see we stuck with the 49x multiplier but had to drop the BCLK to 100.5. This results in a final clock of 4925.17MHz or 4.93GHz, as shown in our graphs here today. Let's leave it at that and get into the performance side of things to see just what we're dealing with here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit