Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Steam Update
BioShock numbers are solid across the board, and it is times like this that make us love overclocking. You can see, thanks to the overclock, we're able to break into the 60 FPS barrier on our Sapphire R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC. On the other hand, you can see that the GTX 780s have no issue getting over 60 FPS at 2560 x 1600, the heavily overclocked MSI offering manages to get over 70 FPS.
Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Origin Update
Checking out Battlefield 4, you can see the numbers are slightly improved over our other R9 290 cards. Against the overclocked MSI GTX 780 6GB, you can see that we're slightly behind. The most important thing, though, is that the performance is enough to make for a smooth gaming experience, and looking above, you can see that's not an issue for the Sapphire R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most tweeted E3 title
- Resident Evil 2 Remake, zero plans for Nintendo Switch debut
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit