Close up with the MSI GTX 780 6GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC
Taking a look at the card, you can straight away see that the overall design isn't anything new to us. We've seen the Twin Frozr IV Advanced cooler a number of times, and you can see the black and red design with two oversized fans is the standard setup. We have a massive heat sink that sits behind the two fans and covers almost the entire card.
Taking a quick spin around the card, you can see that power comes in the form of two connectors. One is a 6-Pin PCIe; the other, an 8-Pin PCIe. Staying at the top of the card but moving closer to the front, you can see our two SLI connectors, something that is important for users wanting to run more than one of these cards.
Checking out the I/O panel, you can see we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors. One is DVI-I, while the second is DVI-D. Alongside them, you can see we have two other video out connectors in the form of DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a. This is a very standard I/O panel for this model.
As we mentioned at the start, we're dealing with an OC version of the MSI GTX 780 6GB Twin Frozr Gaming. Looking below, you can see that MSI has bumped the core up to 954MHz from 863MHz. This means that the boost clock comes in at 1006MHz, up from the standard 900MHz. As for the massive 6GB of GDDR5, that's been left alone at 6008MHz QDR.
Like we said in the introduction, we will be overclocking the MSI GTX 780 6GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC today to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the model.
Starting off with the core, we managed to push that to 1050MHz, which was then pushed to a massive 1102MHz via the boost feature. As for that 6GB of GDDR5, we managed to push that up to a nice, round 6400Mhz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit