Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Normally we would start off talking about the pricing and availability. Unfortunately, that's not so much an option today as MSI has literally just uncovered this card. As you'd expect, though, you're going to pay a premium to have a card stacked with twice as much GDDR5 over the standard model, which by itself will set you back under $500.
Since we can't really talk much about the pricing side of things, let's get into the specifics of the cards. Performance on the model is exceptional; is that because of the extra memory, though? More than likely, no. Even on these higher-end cards, the extra memory in our tests has shown little change. Saying that, though, our plan next is to compare this card against the 3GB version at only 4K resolution. We're hoping that the huge amount of pixels being pushed to the screen will mean that the extra memory is going to come in handy.
At most standard resolutions, though, you're just not really seeing a difference. That doesn't mean it's not worth the extra money. If you're someone who plans to keep ahold of their video card for a while, the extra memory can come in handy as the next generation of games come forward, especially when the extra cost associated with the card isn't normally that bad.
Outside of just the memory, though, you've got a fantastic card on hand. The Twin Frozr Gaming series has impressed us a ton since inception, and this one is no different. Even with the larger amount of memory, you saw that overclocking on the model continued to be exceptional. The cooling also stands up extremely well as you'd hope and expect, and it offers us excellent temperature numbers at a solid noise level.
Overall, this is a fantastic video card, and some people are going to want the extra GDDR5 no matter what. If you're not in a huge rush, though, and you're thinking about getting a 4K monitor to go with the card, then we recommend you wait to see how the card performs in our future 4K Showdown article.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit