Total Access Time
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of the important tests we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
One of the most significant results we show is the latency test in PCMark 8. The latency is measured throughout the entire stage, so we don't get an average during each stage. The Force LX 256GB is in the middle of the pack until the SMI controller cleans the flash in the recovery stages. As long as you don't hit the drive too hard, performance is quite good.
We don't publish the latency results recorded in AIDA64 any longer since the PCM8 tests give us a better look at latency. We still run the test, and the results above is from our standard AIDA64 test that we use to wear the flash down to steady state. This graph gives us a good indication of what the SMI controller does to keep write latency low. The controller keeps latency in line for a little over 20 percent of the total LBA, but after the buffers fill, latency increases to .7ms in some places.
Disk Busy Time
In the final test, we measure the amount of time the drive worked to read and write the data to complete the test. When a drive is active, it uses more power, so the faster it can complete the tasks, the faster it can fall into a low power state.
The disk busy time test usually helps us better understand power usage. The less a drive works to perform a task, the less power it uses. That isn't always the case, though, as some drives use technology that reduces the number of data writes to the flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Xbox head: Streaming won't be best way to play for a while
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms