Total Access Time
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of the important tests we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
One of the most significant results we show is the latency test in PCMark 8. The latency is measured throughout the entire stage, so we don't get an average during each stage. The Force LX 256GB is in the middle of the pack until the SMI controller cleans the flash in the recovery stages. As long as you don't hit the drive too hard, performance is quite good.
We don't publish the latency results recorded in AIDA64 any longer since the PCM8 tests give us a better look at latency. We still run the test, and the results above is from our standard AIDA64 test that we use to wear the flash down to steady state. This graph gives us a good indication of what the SMI controller does to keep write latency low. The controller keeps latency in line for a little over 20 percent of the total LBA, but after the buffers fill, latency increases to .7ms in some places.
Disk Busy Time
In the final test, we measure the amount of time the drive worked to read and write the data to complete the test. When a drive is active, it uses more power, so the faster it can complete the tasks, the faster it can fall into a low power state.
The disk busy time test usually helps us better understand power usage. The less a drive works to perform a task, the less power it uses. That isn't always the case, though, as some drives use technology that reduces the number of data writes to the flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series