Total Access Time
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of the important tests we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
One of the most significant results we show is the latency test in PCMark 8. The latency is measured throughout the entire stage, so we don't get an average during each stage. The Force LX 256GB is in the middle of the pack until the SMI controller cleans the flash in the recovery stages. As long as you don't hit the drive too hard, performance is quite good.
We don't publish the latency results recorded in AIDA64 any longer since the PCM8 tests give us a better look at latency. We still run the test, and the results above is from our standard AIDA64 test that we use to wear the flash down to steady state. This graph gives us a good indication of what the SMI controller does to keep write latency low. The controller keeps latency in line for a little over 20 percent of the total LBA, but after the buffers fill, latency increases to .7ms in some places.
Disk Busy Time
In the final test, we measure the amount of time the drive worked to read and write the data to complete the test. When a drive is active, it uses more power, so the faster it can complete the tasks, the faster it can fall into a low power state.
The disk busy time test usually helps us better understand power usage. The less a drive works to perform a task, the less power it uses. That isn't always the case, though, as some drives use technology that reduces the number of data writes to the flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard