Buffalo Technology is one of the very few vendors that have been pushing Thunderbolt technology. Just a few months back, we had the chance to review the MiniStation Thunderbolt, an external hard drive equipped with the first generation of Thunderbolt technology. Today, we have another Thunderbolt product from Buffalo equipped with two 256GB SSDs.
The DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt is a dual drive storage solution setup with your choice of two 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB SSDs. This solution is RAID enabled, offering options such as JBOD, RAID 0, and RAID 1 if you want that extra bit of data redundancy. With the DriveStation, you have the ability to daisy chain up to 6 more devices via Thunderbolt, and Buffalo was even kind enough to supply the retail packaging with the Thunderbolt cable, so this unit is basically plug and play.
Compatibility of the Buffalo DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt extends to OS X 10.6+, and of course, you will need an available Thunderbolt port.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
MSRP for the 512GB DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt is set at $649.99 with a three-year warranty. Availability is high at this point with many online retailers having the unit in stock.
PRICING: You can find the Buffalo DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt (512GB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Buffalo DriveStation Mini Thunderbolt (512GB) retails for $649.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit