Android System Thoughts
We're going to split out our opinion on the Android all-in-one system from the monitor final thoughts, which will be on the next page. Right now, we're going to discuss the uses, the pros, and the cons of having an Android system built into your monitor.
The Android system is actually quite capable since it's powered by 2GB of DDR3 and an NVIDIA Tegra quad-core processor. For a simple (and unfair) comparison, we ran Futuremark's Peacekeeper browser benchmark on the Android system and on my desktop PC (i7-4770K). The Android system scored 746, which is behind the iPhone 5 and iPad (fourth gen), both which scored in the 900s. My desktop scored 4393.
Some of the uses for this system include surfing the web, watching Netflix or Hulu, and playing Android apps. The benefits that extend from these use cases include power savings and speed of system boot. Surfing the web on the Android system works well, and Netflix videos play just fine.
Overall, the system mates quite nicely to the monitor. I do wish there was a quicker way to switch between monitor mode and the Android system, but there doesn't seem to be. Currently, you have to push the input selection button several times until you either reach the desired input or Android system, and then you have to push a separate button to select.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Assembly, and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Ryzen 5 2600 is up to 31% faster than Ryzen 5 1600
- Fallout 4 mod offers 4K texture pack, looks way better
- 400-person battle royale game receives first teaser trailer
- 1440p testing for Xbox One X is coming soon
- Jaxx crypto wallet has gaping security holes
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit