Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting alongside our GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H today, which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've got all of the other Z97 motherboards that we've looked at already. If you skipped our introduction, that means we've included the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, ASRock Z97 Extreme4, and MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC. Along with those, we've also included the ASRock Z87 Killer.
When it came to the overclocking side of things, we found the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H performed well. Heading into the BIOS, we do what we always do and throw the multiplier to 49x and take the time to mess around with the voltages to the level we need them to be. With everything looking good, we head into Windows and see how we're going.
With the 49x multiplier working well along with the 100 BCLK to give us an even 4.9GHz, we head back into the BIOS to adjust the BCLK and see if we can get any more performance out of our CPU. Looking above, you can see we ended up with a 101 BCLK, which brings our CPU to 4.95GHz. This is a nice overclock and should yield a decent performance gain. Let's move forward and see how it performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019