Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting alongside our GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H today, which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've got all of the other Z97 motherboards that we've looked at already. If you skipped our introduction, that means we've included the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, ASRock Z97 Extreme4, and MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC. Along with those, we've also included the ASRock Z87 Killer.
When it came to the overclocking side of things, we found the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H performed well. Heading into the BIOS, we do what we always do and throw the multiplier to 49x and take the time to mess around with the voltages to the level we need them to be. With everything looking good, we head into Windows and see how we're going.
With the 49x multiplier working well along with the 100 BCLK to give us an even 4.9GHz, we head back into the BIOS to adjust the BCLK and see if we can get any more performance out of our CPU. Looking above, you can see we ended up with a 101 BCLK, which brings our CPU to 4.95GHz. This is a nice overclock and should yield a decent performance gain. Let's move forward and see how it performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek suing Star Citizen developer for breach of contract
- Battlegrounds on the Xbox One/One X runs like a pile of crap
- Samsung to push Android 8.0 Oreo to Galaxy S8/S8+ in January
- NVIDIA TITAN V: 82MH/s when overclocked, RX Vega 64: 37MH/s
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp earns $17 million to date
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series