Test System Setup and Overclocking
Sitting alongside our MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC, which we will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've got the recently looked at Z97 offerings from both ASRock and ASUS in the form of the ASRock Z97 Extreme4 and the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1. We finish off our motherboard line up with the ASRock Z87 Killer.
We have also just received our new Corsair Voyager GS pen drive that has replaced our aging Western Digital Passport. Because we've moved to the new Corsair drives, we've removed the previous USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 results. You'll see these graphs fill up in the coming weeks as we test more and more motherboards.
As always, when it comes to testing, we bench our motherboards at both the stock speed and the maximum stable overclock we're able to find. We found ourselves really surprised with the results that MSI managed to give us here today.
Looking above, you can see we ended up with an overclock of 4.97GHz via a 49x Multiplier and 101.5 BCLK. It actually looked like we might've been able to get the system stable at 4.99GHz via a 102 BCLK as HyperPI finished with no problem.
When we ran an encode under MediaEspresso, though, the system crashed out pretty quickly. This is a really nice overclock and should bring with it some strong performance. Let's move forward and see just how the numbers look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series