We all remember how the nVidia nForce series of chipsets started many years ago for the AMD Athlon XP line of processors. The release of the first nForce chipset was plagued with many problems to the point where it was not taken seriously within the AMD community and release of the nForce 2 also generated a lot of doubt.
Once the benchmarks started floating around the big wide world web and the overclocking ability of this chipset was discovered and exposed, it quickly become the biggest thing for AMD since slice bread for...err...us. VIA came back with numerous chipsets like the KT333, KT400, KT400A and more to compete in this market against the popular solution nVidia had on offer. All the VIA chipsets introduced, while offering good features, weren't enough to catch the heart of the true AMD user who opted for the arguably better Dual Channel DDR Athlon XP solutions available from nVidia.
Enter the AMD Athlon 64 arena and we have the competition between the VIA K8T800 and nVidia nForce 150 which was quite fierce at the end of last year. nVidia are back on the job again releasing their newest incarnation of the nForce, the nForce3 250 and nForce3 250GB with native Gigabyte networking. nVidia sent us their reference nForce3 250GB motherboard a little while ago and we will see what the newest chipsets from nVidia offers us over the previous nForce3 150 chipset and if it has what it takes to move from your current Athlon system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 2 [Summary]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 3 [New Features]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 4 [The Photos]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 5 [ForceWare Rundown]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PC Mark 2002]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - MP3 Encoding]
- nVidia nForce3 250 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's new Nintendo arcade games are too pricey
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA XPG SX950 480GB and SD700X 256GB SSDs
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor