8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the Toshiba PX03SN averages 99,802 IOPS; the PX02SS measures an outstanding 100,277 IOPS at 256 OIO, while the Toshiba PX02SM takes the low road with 88,549 IOPS. Once again, we note improved performance with the 19nm MLC NAND.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test.
The PX03SN averages 14,968 IOPS, and the PX02SS averages 29,714 IOPS at 256 OIO. The PX02SM averages 16,391 IOPS at 256 OIO.
The PX03SN and the PX02SM experience performance variability at 256 OIO.
The PX03SN bests the eMLC PX02SM with read activity, but matches it as we add in more write activity.
Power consumption for the PX03SN averages 5.55 watts during the measurement window, lower than the high endurance models.
The PX03SN trails during the efficiency test with an average of 2,660 IOPS-per-Watt. The MLC doesn't seem to be nearly as efficient during heavy write workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SS Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server & Web Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- The Black Masses trailer showcases 6,000 zombies on screen
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam