Power Consumption Test
Power draw on the ASUS offering is up in both the idle and load department when compared to our ASRock Z87 board. It's a little hard to compare them directly from a chipset perspective, though, as the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 does have a lot going on with it, so it will, in turn, draw more power.
Overclocking increases power draw slightly, but you can see that it's not a massive amount.
Core Temperature Test
When it comes to the heat side of things, you can see that the idle number is pretty standard across the board. As for the load, you can see that our ASUS sits a little higher than our previous generation Z87 offering.
At our maximum overclock, you can see we're getting near that 100C mark, which is pretty normal due to the excess amount of voltage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ