Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Video card(s): nVidia nForce 3 250GB reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Memory: Kingmax 1x 512MB PC4000 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 7200RPM PATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.3 and nVidia nForce 409 reference
While this review is not based on just performance we have chosen to include our normal array of benchmarks to give people an idea how the GeCube 9600 XT AIW compares against other Radeon 9600XTs on the market. Due to it having all these features, do you get any performance loss? Are GeCube skimping out on something to be able to fit everything on? Let us have a look how it performs against the 9600XT Bravo from PowerColor and the ABIT 9600XT 256MB which we looked at just the other day.
As far as specifications go all are very similar - both the PowerColor and GeCube card use the same 2.8ns BGA memory from Samsung and ABIT use slightly slower clocked 3.3ns TSOP memory from Samsung.
3DMark 2001 SE
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
As you can see both of the 2.8ns cards are very close to each other. The 3.3ns ABIT card does lag behind slightly due to the slower memory and TSOP design. All cards score very well overall.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 2 [Overview]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 3 [Features]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 4 [Multimedia Command Center]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001 SE]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- GeCube 9600XT AIW - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz