Installation and Finished Product
Depending on the socket of the Intel motherboard, adjustments to the end studs may need to be made to line up with the motherboard holes. For ours, only one was not set in the LGA115X setting, and was easily moved so we could install the back plate while being mindful of the socket screws.
Once the back plate is on and the studs are poking through the motherboard, it is time to install the thick standoffs onto the motherboard. We would have liked to see some form of a washer included, but these did not do any damage to our system in the installation and removal process.
Next, we grabbed the Intel top brackets and found that the fourth slot down is completely unimpeded, and allows the brackets to slide into it. Once both sides of the bracket are slid in, they will click loudly as they lock into each other.
For our purposes, strapping the radiator to the frame is fine for our needs, but the head unit: wow. When attempting to set the screws from the head unit brackets, be ready for some struggle. This AIO uses some of the highest socket pressure, and even just starting the four screws can be an ordeal in itself.
Our last view of the Liqtech 120S is with it under power. Here we see that the company name and logo on the head unit illuminate with blue LED backlighting. We also see that the TB Apollish fan and multiple LEDs give off a nice effect while matching the LED color to the head unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Liqtech 120S AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter is getting a live-action TV show
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit