ADATA SP920 512GB SSD
ADATA carried over the retail package from previous SSDs but updated the text to reflect the new SP920's specifications.
Inside, we found a desktop adapter bracket, 7mm to 9.5mm adapter, mounting screws, a quick start manual, and a reminder to download the free software for data migration.
Here we get our first look at the drive. The top cover is just a thin sliver of metal for keeping the drive secure.
The bottom of the case is beefier and doubles as a heat sink for the Marvell controller and DRAM buffer.
ADATA used the new Marvell 88SS9189-BLD2 controller that's 8 channels to the NAND flash.
This controller has a higher clock speed than the 88SS9187 that Crucial used on the M500. It also incorporates a thermal protection mode, mainly for Ultrabook designs where the components are packed very close together. To aid in dissipating heat, the case acts as a heat sink.
There are sixteen NAND packages in total with eight on each side.
The SP920 also has host power fail protection, so if the drive detects a power fail event, it will flush the data in the controller to the flash even after the power falls away.
The Micron DRAM buffer chip. This model only uses one DRAM package, but the 1TB model uses two.
The NAND flash is Micron 20nm L85A.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 3700/3800X: 12C/24T and 16C/32T in 2019 on AM4
- Battlefield V concept art looks absolutely amazing
- Battlefield 5 confirmed with premium and 'grind currency'
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit