First of all, we have to look at this review in a certain perspective to really appreciate what the Enermax ETS-N30-HE really brings to the market. Of course, when you want a thin single tower cooler, most people gravitate to the Xigmatek lineup, as they are somewhat affordable and usually perform well. If you are really budget-conscious, or have no intentions of overclocking your system, the standby has always been the Hyper 212 series from Cooler Master.
Well, the day has come to where the Hyper 212 is no longer the only budget-friendly solution capable of handling the rigors of what most systems will dish out with ease, and has the potential for some mild overclocking without the need to envelope the top half of your system with a mammoth air cooler or some $100 AIO.
While we can't deny the cost efficiency of this design, we feel you are getting your
dollars' worth; plus a little bit more. With this design, you are getting the performance level of most 120mm solutions to offer HDT and a single fan. The bonus here is that most of those coolers are 165mm tall, and here with the Enermax cooler, we have only 135mm of height to deal with, so thinner mid-towers and some of the Mini-ITX cases can also benefit from a cooler like this -especially versus the stock cooling options.
Let's be honest here: this cooler is not what you want if you are in a point's race at HWBot. That was never the intention at Enermax either. The idea was to make a compact, single tower cooler that is capable of replacing the stock cooler with less noise involved. They also took this design a bit further and added in tricks of the trade like fins with deformations to help with the air flow, venting to help direct the air, and closing off the sides to keep that limited air flow in the cooler and removing heat. On top of that, this cooler crosses over for many applications, from gamers on a budget, right into an HTPC; even in a rig like ours, where we fully expected it to fail, it was able to come out the other end, and while warm, it was capable of even more punishment.
For the mere cost of $25, I don't see any way we could have expected more, or been more impressed with the amount of cooling potential that can be had in such a compact design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-N30-HE CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance