Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
As we look at the 53.5 degree result of the ETS-N30-HE when we tested the CPU at stock, it may seem a bit low. The reality is that it is over twenty-five degrees better than the stock cooler, and is within five degrees of the best air cooler on the chart.
This is where this cooler really shines, and it proves you don't need to spend $100 for a cooler to do all of the basic things most people use a PC for anyways.
Of course, as the overclock is applied, the Enermax cooler does get very close to the eighty degree mark, with the temperature topping out at 78.33 degrees. While this is at the bottom of the list, again, when compared to the stock cooler that allows the CPU to throttle at this point, we were able to complete all rounds of testing, even if a bit warm.
Noise Level Results
This is also where the Enermax ETS-N30-HE shines. With 7.5V supplied to the fans, we could barely hear the fan at a foot away from the PC. So, for those of you looking to rid the PC of near double the dB level: this cooler is more than capable of handling the thermal end, as well as doing it quietly, making it eligible for HTPC systems as well.
As we allow the 92mm fan to spread its legs and run at full speed, the noise level definitely comes up. There are very few ways to get the sort of air flow ratings and static pressure ratings in a 92mm fan without the sound of rushing air. Considering at every 10dB sound actually doubles, it is still much better than a dozen or so other solutions we have tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-N30-HE CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance