Enermax ETS-N30-HE CPU Cooler
The 92mm fan covers the majority of the fin stack; nearly eighty percent of all of the leading edges. It also isn't very hard to judge how small and compact this tower design is; especially considering that fan takes up most of the image.
We went ahead and removed the fan and clip to gain a view of the leading edges. We can see that the edges stick out the most, there are two thin grooves to either side, and the central section is inset to allow the fan to build a bit of pressure before that air is slammed against the fins edge, which boosts efficiency.
Looking at this side of the cooler, we can see that the fan clip surrounds the fins a bit before it clips into the side of the fin stack. We can also see that this fan is PWM compatible with its 4-pin connection at the end of the braided fan cable.
As we view the back of the tower, we find the fins are shaped exactly the same, and adding a second fan is quite possible to increase its efficiency -although, there are no provisions included in the hardware for mounting a second fan.
This last upright image of the ETS-N30-HE gives us the perfect opportunity to discuss the closed sides of the fin stack, which helps to keep in the limited air flow of that 92mm fan. We can also see that the trio of copper heat pipes keeps the same spacing from the base, all the way up to where they protrude from the top fin.
As we get a view of the top fin on this Enermax cooler, we can see the Enermax name is pressed into all of the fins. We also see two air scoops to either side of the rear edge. These features are carried out on all of the fins to disturb and channel the air flow and increase the performance of this compact design. We also see an arrow to the right side of the fin, and this denotes the intended airflow path to take full advantage of the fin design.
The cast aluminium section of the base has two holes at either side to mount socket hardware to the cooler. Across its base, there is a protective sticker in place to keep the copper pipes from oxidizing and to protect the finish from milling.
As with most HDT style coolers, there are some gaps that will swallow up the thermal paste, but the pipes are wider in the contact area to help alleviate this. Also, we recommend a line of paste down each pipe, rather than the blob method, to be sure the copper is taking away most of the heat. With everything being milled at once, the surface is mostly flat against a straight edge, but there are some gaps in the material, as well as the rough texture left from milling them that makes it unlevel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-N30-HE CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyssey
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam